Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween!

 Library Update


Wow! I looked back and haven't posted in over 2 weeks. I can't believe all I have missed, telling all my blog viewers and friends.  I have been sick and not just a little cough and sneeze but a miserable sort of upper respiratory infection. I actually missed a few days of school last week and that is always hard for me to do. I have been on the mend ever since. It has been a slow process.

I love this time of year and look forward to many of the simple pleasures of fall both personally and professionally. I am trying to soak it all in, I can't believe Halloween is already upon us.  Enjoying the fall soccer games with my grandson and friends from school, all the pumpkin assorted treats, and most of all the time outdoors before the cold strikes. I love the changing of seasons and the beautiful fall colors.
Which is exactly what I did when my husband brought me this delicious treat.


 My yorkie, Hermione is 8 years old, she is my fur baby. We were all out doing yard work and she had to come out to help.

 I tried a few new recipes this fall which I love to do. Unfortunately, not as many as I would have liked to make.  Here is a recipe for Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple glaze. I will continue to post some of the new recipes I try out.



 Storytime


This week in the library was kind of a celebration of Halloween books. I actually love this week of sharing my favorite Halloween read a loud books with my friends. With one set of lights out and our pumpkins all a glow.


Kindergarten friends listened to Minerva Louise on Halloween,  The Hallo-wiener and Space Case.
Books with characters we have met before or will meet again and authors we will continue to learn about.

 With First Graders, we read my 2 most favorite Halloween stories...I love to see some of them jump when I read The Perfect Pumpkin Pie by Denys Cazet and we also read Boo! By Robert Munsch.


All in all we had a lot of fun preparing for Halloween 2014'.  We all shared what we might dress up as and enjoyed visiting about what they were most excited to see or do this Halloween.

Reading Challenge Update

I have had several first graders turn in their reading challenges this past week. I am so proud of them.
The first challenge turned in belongs to this awesome 1st grade reader. Way to go!

My Reading Challenge Update

I have been reading a lot of late, trying to complete my reading challenge.

  Read a book you already have at home but haven't gotten around to yet


 
Read a book that takes place in the state/province you were born (Illinois)

 
  Read a Pulitzer Prize winner or finalist for fiction.

                            Read a book set during Christmas or another winter holiday

 

Swap Up Dates

Chaotic Goddess Swaps

Paired me with a wonderful swap partner Niki Abel at myliferemixing.blogspot.com
I absolutely loved all the Halloween swap items. See my swap here:
 

Thanks-a-latte 2014

This was the first swap I have ever participated in with this group and I loved it.
It ran a little differently then other swaps. It was a secret swap where you didn't know your swap partner. I loved all the items I received. Thanks Nicki Glenn!


Enjoy!





I am very excited for November, we are looking forward to the upcoming holiday. We will be visiting with family and enjoying this much needed visit.

Happy Reading!
Mrs. Shamhart


No comments:

Post a Comment