September 15-December 15
Also, I have started a book challenge: This can be for kiddo's or adults...It is supposed to be fun but also challenging. For me it will definitely be a challenge. Leave me comments or posts if you will be joining in on the fun. I would love to know what you are reading. Kiddo's can earn a special reward for completing this challenge. All they have to do is turn in the titles of the books they read or had read to them at home to qualify. I will say this of the mystery reward it is a sweet treat and can also be used again and again.
1. Read a book written by an author you have never read before.
2. Read a book you already have at home but haven't gotten around to yet.
3. Read a book about a dog as the main character. (ex:Clifford's Manners)
4. Read a book about a career you are interested in (Ex: Firefighters Fight Fires)
5. Read a book with a color word in the title. (ex: Red Are The Apples)
6. Read a book with a number word in the title. (ex: The Three Little Pigs)
7. Read a Dr. Seuss Book
8. Read a holiday book (any holiday)
9. Read a book about the tooth fairy
10. Re-read a book you enjoy.
11.Read a book about the fall.
12. Read 3 books from three different genres (ex: Picture book, Mystery, Fairy tale)
1. Read a book written by an author you have never read before
2. Read a book you already have at home but haven't gotten around to yet:
3. Read a book written in the decade you were born
4. Read a book that takes place in the state/province you were born (Illinois)
5. Read a book titled The ____'s Daughter or The ____'s Wife
6. Read a book originally written in a language other than English
7. Read a book with a number in the title. It could be an actual digit or a number like "hundred" or "thousand." No arbitrary numbers allowed (several, few, many, ect.)
8. Read a book set during Christmas or another winter holiday
9. Read a book written by an author who shares your initials
10. Read a Pulitzer Prize winner or finalist for fiction.
11. Re-Read a book
12. Read three books from three different genres (one book for each genre)