Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Christmas Countdown ...


                    Can you believe it is already December?                    

The count down has begun, we have only 15 days of school 

  before we go on break, December 19, that just doesn't seem possible.  

                   We return to school Monday, January 5, 2015.                                          


 

 Listening-   I absolutely love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I was wrapping gifts and listening. It just isn't Christmas time without a viewing of this movie sometime throughout the month.

Loving-  For Thanksgiving my family and I went to Illinois to visit family and it was so very nice to see everyone. I just wish it could have been a longer visit. It seems the time passes so quickly.

Thinking- How I am going to decorate the library, my house and get lesson plans done and prep for the next few weeks done. I am on a mission I will post some photos as I complete some of the decorating here in the library.

Wanting- To be organized. I am one of those people who likes all my ducks in a row. It helps me to more efficient and this is exactly what I want (And a nice Mocha Latte).

Needing- A small miracle to get all the party planning done, upcoming entertaining, holiday planning and family visiting not to mention all the holiday invites I have been included in. YIKES! SERIOUSLY, I need help.

Giving- Funnies!

 

This is from Christmas Vacation! 

This is exactly how I felt as we drove home from Illinois last weekend. 

 And so is this one.

   

Buddy The Elf from "Elf"

 

For all of my teacher friends.

 

Library

In the library this week we are reading, comparing and contrasting several "snow books" Snow Day! by Barbara Josse, Snow Day! by Lester Laminak and The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

 

Whenever I read these books it instantly makes me think of this song!

 

My latest craft...

Last year our art teacher Mrs. Holaday, showed some of the staff how to create these beautiful wooden signs. I made one last year and this is the one I made this week. I love it! I tell the kiddo's, all the time, how lucky we are to have such an amazing art teacher. 

  Last years sign

  Christmas Books:

My favorite time of the year is just around the corner.  I love decorating, baking, and hanging out with my family at home.  At school, I love watching the excitement with the kids, crafting, and of course reading holiday books.  Here are some of my favorites, the links to them are below.

These are a few books everyone in the family will enjoy, regardless of their age.

 

 

 Swap Updates:  

I have sent out 2 of my 5 swaps. I received my Cozy Box Swap which was ran by Brandi Lang at Lipstick and Tractors This was a wonderful swap. My partner Beth Wade was amazing and spoiled me.

My next swap was the scarf swap which was by Bethani Gregg over at the The Texan Pantry I just sent my scarf and hat out this past week and made contact with my swap buddy. I will post my wonderful goodies as soon as they arrive. 

I am currently working on 2 swaps that need to be sent out on the 6th. My 12 days of Christmas Swap which is ran by the wonderful ladies  at Chaotic Goddess Swaps and my Christmas Book Swap which is by Carpe Librum on Instagram. I am almost done wrapping these up and need to get them off to the post. My final swap is my Happy Parcel Package which I am really excited about. I will share posts as they all arrive.

Book Challenge Update:

Thus far I have had 47 students turn in completed challenges. How exciting to see so many kiddo's reading!!! We still have a couple weeks to complete the challenge so please keep on reading. I have 2 books left to complete my challenge. I will post all books I read next week. I hope you will share your list in the comments. 


Happy Reading!

Mrs. Shamhart

No comments:

Post a Comment