Friday, January 9, 2015

Another Sneak Peek At Our Week.


#BookItForward

 

I  sent a note home with kiddos this week about booking it forward( see video).    I have had several papers returned and we have already booked forward over 75 books in just a few days. I can't imagine how many books we will book forward by the end of the month.

 I absolutely love that the kids are interacting and sharing their love of books with each other. It is AWESOME to watch.  Remember you too can book it forward!


 







One of my Kindergarten kiddos, that I booked forward a book to this week. He is on a roll reading the Biscuit books. I thought he might put this collection of Biscuit stories to good use.

Way To Go Cooper!










Longhorn Leaders

This week we had a Character Education Day with the help of our Longhorn Leaders from Abilene Middle School. What a great group of kids. We discussed character traits like caring, citizenship, respect, responsibility, trustworthiness and fairness. 

In the library we shared about caring. We used 2 books Horton Hatches the Egg By Dr. Seuss and A Sick Day For Amos Mcghee By Phillip Stead

 


 

 Kindergarten Library Lesson

This week in the library Kindergarten worked on letter writing. We shared the book Click Clack Moo by Doreen Cronin. We discussed the parts of the letter like the greeting, body and closing. We went around the room to hear what our letters might sound like. I can't wait to see how they all turn out. Very nice job Kindergarten.


1st Grade Library Lesson

This week in the library we started our Fairy Tale Unit. This is such a fun unit to share with my 1st grade friends. We started with Jack and the Beanstalk by Steven Kellogg. Shared our anchor chart on what is the criteria for a Fairy Tale.

It's Been Frozen Here in Abilene 

I have been playing around with the "Frozen" theme in our library this week.

It's been fun and our K-1 kiddos have been loving it, too.



 Books, Books and Books....

 I am involved in several book clubs one that I meet with each month here locally, in Salina, Ks. and 2 online book groups with blogging friends. I kind of love it.

In my local book group with 11 of my besties, I am currently reading the book Rooms by Lauren Oliver 
My other book group Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers (love the title and how it opens the door to those that don't read or haven't read in a while.) we just finished a book, I had previously read called Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. Look back I gave a review on this book.
Our next book is...The Storied Life Of A.J. Fikry I am loving this book! I will review both of these titles and keep you in the loop of our next novel with my other group as soon as I find out.

Influenster

 This is a group I am part of where I review products and share my opinions.

I just received the new Reese's Spreads: YUMMO!



My grandson, Carter and I made these yummy peanut butter cookies. He said "These are the best peanut butter cookies"! I love baking with him. Please you have to try this yummy spread. We also had it after preschool on apple slices he also loved that.

Happy Reading,

Mrs. Shamhart

No comments:

Post a Comment