Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentine's Week Take Peek

Happy Valentines Day!

 I absolutely love Valentines Day, the students are so sweet and kind.



Kindergarten

Listened to the book "What Do You Love?" Which helped us to create our own books of what we love.  We also listened to several Valentine's Day stories: LouAnn Pigs Mysterious  Valentine by Nancy Carlson and Clifford's Valenine's Day By Norman Bridwell.


 
My Valentine Haul...boy, do I feel the love. 

I was even SURPRISED when my grandson came to visit me at school. He brought me lunch and shared with me about his Valentine party at his preschool.

First Graders

Worked on their non-fiction book reports in the library. I am so very proud of them, they worked hard and did a beautiful job.







Book Review

I finished 2 books since the last post and will share my review of each.
My first review is The Girl On The Train  by Paula Hawkins.

Everyone in this book is absolutely terrible, and as a result, this book is a masterpiece. It's quite an unsettling little thriller. It's also a well-written, precisely plotted psychological thriller, and deftly sketches one unreliable narrator after another. Everyone is suspect and nobody can be trusted. If you liked the roller coaster ride in Gone Girl, you will enjoy this thriller as well.  

I don't want to give anything away and there are quite a few characters...I will leave you with this...
It is most definitely a must READ! A roller coaster of a whodunnit???







All The Bright Places
YA Novel
Similar to Eleanor and Park and also to Fault In Our Stars

At first I was taken aback by this story making light of suicide but then the strangest thing happened!
This is the sort of story that kinda sneaks up on you. You're not sure what kind of book it is at first. It seems intense and gritty and even a tad confusing. You notice right away that the characters are definitely messed up with deep rooted issues they need to work on. Then there's romance and profound conversations and soul searching and what seems to be a light at the end of this dark and twisty tunnel.
    
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself; a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.
 

My Current Read

 

Swaps

My latest swap is the @happyparcelproject on instagram. I signed up for their first swap back in December and this is only their second swap but I absolutely loved it the first go around. I love that it is a secret swap and your partner doesn't know who you are.


Help Support Our Primary Library

Hi Friends, Family and Fellow Bloggers,
Exciting news from our Kindergarten and First Grade Primary Library...we're ready for some technology! I've created a request on a 501 (c) 3 charity website called  DonorsChoose.org. I'm posting to ask for any donations possible,  no matter the size ( seriously, every little bit counts). 
If you can't donate anything at this time, no worries...just share this information with anyone who you know is passionate about education. Your donation will have direct impact to over 200 students. Please click on the link above and check out our library request.
Thanks so much for your support!

Happy Reading,

Mrs. Shamhart

No comments:

Post a Comment