Friday, January 8, 2016

Welcome 2016



Currently

Over the holiday break I enjoyed catching up on Game of Thrones since, HBO was airing a Game of Thrones marathon. I absolutely enjoyed spending time with family. Even though I was a midst the holiday break I never stop thinking and planning for school. If I could just put the breaks on and slow this break down I could balance my time with my family and all that I want to accomplish at home and at school. If I only had another week off...I might even get a chance to finish the 3 books I am reading. My one word is Love because everyone needs love.

Special Note:

I have taken some time off from blogging and I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

Back To School

As we head back to school and welcome in the new year, we will be starting our research papers in 1st grade (this seems to get earlier and earlier every year). My kindergarten friends will be starting our nursery rhyme unit and will each be given their very own nursery rhyme to recite in library class. This is a collaborative effort with Mrs. Christner our music teacher. She will be preparing kindergarten classes for their spring music recital, using some of the same nursery rhymes we will be learning here in the library.

It has been a bit frozen here in Kansas this past week:


 My Next Swap:


 



 Chaotic Goddess Swaps Book and a Cuppa Sign-up Post


YOUR PACKAGE MUST INCLUDE

  • 1 Mug
  • 1 Book from your partner’s wishlist
  • Other book-related and mug-related goodies – bookmarks, coffee, hot cocoa, etc.
This is the perfect swap for me.


My Current Read:

I'm so engrossed in this book, I have only a few pages to left and will finish tonight. I highly recommend it. I wanted to read it before I went to see the movie.  My #otspsecretsister sent this to me she knows me to well.  Please let me know what you are reading.

My Book Clubs Next Read: January 2016 Book Choice





Happy New Year and Happy Reading,
Mrs. Shamhart

No comments:

Post a Comment