Monday, April 6, 2015

Cloudy With A Chance Of...

Spring is in the air...

We had a wonderful spring break and some much needed time off. I was still on the mend from my gallbladder surgery and the time off really helped.  It is always good to get back to the kids and the library. Now for the wind down to the end of the year. 

Visitors in the Library...

In the library we had visitors from Holm Automotive come to read to our Kennedy Students. They shared the story Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs by Judi Barrett. Our students had an amazing time with our visitors and look forward to their next visit. Here are some photos of their visit:




Our Books: 

We made books to share with our friends at Holm Automotive. We wanted them to know how special it was to have them visit and read to us.  They really turned out great and we even took the opportunity to practice our letter writing.



Please Share Photos Of  Your Readers:

This is my grandson, Carter, he is 4 and is just beginning to make letter/sound connections. I love watching him read and retell a story he has heard over and over again. He is reading A Giraffe and a Half by Shel Silverstein.




Swaps:

This is my most favorite swap that the ladies over at Chaotic Goddess Swaps has. Which is probably why they have this particular swap 3 times this year. I am all signed up and can't wait to find out who my swap partner is.


Your Swap Objective: 
Get to know your fellow book-loving partner and send them a fantastic bookish package.  

Your package must include: 
  • A book from your partner's wishlist.
  • A book you have read and loved.
  • A book you haven't read, but think looks interesting. (Can also be on their wishlist.)
  • *Optional* Other book-related goodies.

Book Review:

My latest book is Landline by Rainbow Rowell.  I loved, loved, loved it. It is truly reminiscent of A Wonderful Life. This book was a book club book choice. We won copies of this book and couldn't wait to read it as a group.

Once you allow yourself to accept this book's premise, that a woman somehow found a phone (landline) which allows her to talk to her husband 14 years earlier, it's a great story.

14 years, 2 kids, a mortgage, a high maintenance career have come between Georgie and Neal leaving them very little time to be "in-love". They part for the holidays under less than perfect circumstances. In trying to call him she finds herself talking to the 22 year old version of him, right before they got engaged. 

This was a quick and easy read. I finished in 2 days. I was absolutely drawn in. After all I have been married 27 years last week and oh what I would give to talk to my husband at 22 years old. To remember those things that helped us to fall in-love.

It made me "think a wonder and wonder and think"that is often my slogan from Dr. Seuss that I use in the library. So, as you can see I really did love it. I think I might have loved it even more had I read it during the holidays.


Happy Reading,Mrs. Shamhart


No comments:

Post a Comment