Wednesday, March 30, 2016

In LIke A Lion Out Like A Lamb

As March ends and spring begins I am always caught up in reflection. I am on the countdown to the end of the school year. Always, a bittersweet time for me. I absolutely love being able to see the growth in our students but I will sorely miss my first grade friends that move on to McKinley Elementary.

Cat In The Hat
This month has been a busy month. We started the month off with a visit from the Cat In The Hat, in celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday.
 100th Day Of School

We also celebrated our 100th day of school and it tends to be one of my most favorite days of the school year. This is my grandson, Carter dressed like he is 100 years old. It makes me giggle every time I see it.
 Spring Break

Then we had a lovely 10 days off from school. My family and I went to Branson and got to see my mother in law. We had a wonderful visit and we always find fun things to do in Branson, even on rainy days. Enjoying my book and a beverage.

 Holm Automotive Readers

Once again this school year we welcome Holm Automotive to Kennedy School. They come and read to our students promoting literature and community support.

Jamie Hodges from Holm Automotive reading to Mrs. Hoffman's 1st grade class.

My Current Read

I have been reading so many books and already have 14 books read this year see my Goodreads Reading challenge at this link Goodreads Reading Challenge

I am currently finished reading the book Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica and she is so amazing. I love her books and am excited to finish this roller coaster ride. You must read this book a psychological thriller you won't soon forget.

Heidi lives in Chicago with her busy corporate lawyer husband and young teenage daughter. Her husband describes her as a ‘bleeding heart’ and she spends her days looking after the needs of immigrants, many of whom don't speak English. She had always wanted a large family, but some years ago serious illness had brought an end to this dream.

One day, as she travels to work, she spots a girl on the platform with a baby. It's biting cold and Heidi worries they look ill equipped to survive in such an environment. As days pass Heidi eventually spots the pair again, this time in the local library. 
 

The tension built as Heidi first made contact with the girl, offering her help, and then brought her into her home to provide temporary respite. The fact that after a number of days, Heidi only knows the girls name and the child's along with Willows brother, Matthew does not ring any alarm bells. Chris is majorly concerned pointing out they have no idea who the girl is or her background and without Heidi's approval gets a investigator friend to try and find the truth. What is discovered will send shock waves through Chris, who is unaware that the baby has brought back tragic memories in Heidi, that have been dormant for years and send her into cathedrals of despair. What seems on paper to be an impostor brought into the home is in fact far more complicated as a life ruined by death and abuse.I read Mary Kubica's first book The Good Girl and loved it. I have to say that Pretty Baby is even better.  5 stars for me.

My Next 2 Swaps


This swap is one of my most favorite swaps that the lovely ladies over at Chaotic Goddess Swaps puts together. You still have time to sign up so follow the above link to find out all the details.

 

 

SPRING INTO A GREAT BOOK

 April/May 2016

This is a swap hosted by Lesson's With Coffee. This swap is for teachers bloggers and non-bloggers alike. I hope you will check it out this is a wonderful way to meet other teachers.

 

Happy Reading,

Mrs. Shamhart

No comments:

Post a Comment