Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Visit From Clifford In The Library


Clifford Made A Visit To Kennedy Library

What a fun day it was to have a visit from Clifford. Every class took a photo and every student took an individual photo with Clifford. We were all so excited to see our storybook character come to life right in our very own library.  Bringing literature to life is so much fun for our students.



Fall Has Arrived

We welcome fall with a 90 degree day. I am looking forward to the cooler temps.
I already have my fall reading list planned and my weekends are jammed full of fall activities
until Thanksgiving.  I am posting my fall bucket list with you and we will be discussing some of the fall activities we are most looking forward to this coming week.



My Reading Reviews

 You is written from the male perspective and was quite entertaining (Joe is insane). Joe Goldberg is the epitome of unbalanced. His addiction and compulsion with women, especially Beck, was beyond intriguing.

While the second person point of view definitely delivers an intimate and intricate feel. This point of view gave readers the first hand insight into the mindset of our male lead.

Joe is infatuated with Beck. After their first meeting he begins stalking Beck. He steals her phone and starts retrieving messages and viewing messages she has sent. Joe is able to find out everything he wants to know about her through social media. 

Joe goes to some dark places to keep Beck close. 

This is a psychological thriller that won't let you down. This is a re-read for me and I enjoyed it just as much this time through as I did the first time I read it.  ***** Stars.


  

After I finished reading You by Caroline Kepnes I had to read Doctor Sleep By Stephen King as it was often referenced in Kepnes' book. As a fan of The Shining, I wondered from time to time what would have become of the fictional Danny Torrance and was pleased King decided to let his readers know. Danny is now an adult who drifts from place to place, using alcohol and drugs to dull his psychic gift. Guided by his invisible childhood friend Tony, he eventually settles in a small New England town, gets clean and begins working for a hospice, where he earns the nickname Doctor Sleep for his ability to help those dying pass over. A young girl named Abra Stone reaches out psychically to Danny from time to time and they become friends. He is unaware of a band of human parasites called the True Knot who travel the country in an RV caravan searching and feeding on children with psychic gifts until this band targets Abra, whose powers are stronger than even Danny's. Danny finds himself thrown into a battle for Abra's soul in the place of his nightmares, the site of the Overlook Hotel.



 
 Any Dream Will Do by Debbie Macomber


 Many of you that read my blog know that I really enjoy Debbie Macomber. Her books are easy to read and often feel like home to me. I don't miss a book. I often pre-order her books just to make sure I get them as soon as possible. This book was sent to me by my OTSP Secret Sister. This is a swap group I am a part of and have shared about the group in previously.

This is a wonderful read about Shay Benson. She adored her younger brother, Caden, and that got her into trouble. When he owed money, Shay realized she would do anything to help him avoid the men who were threatening him, and she crossed lines she never should have crossed. Now, determined to start fresh, she finds herself in search of a place to stay and wanders into a church to escape from the cold.

Pastor Drew Douglas adored his wife. But when he lost her, it was all he could do to focus on his two beautiful kids, and his flock came in a distant third. Now, as he too is thinking about a fresh start, he walks through his sanctuary and finds Shay sitting in a pew.

The pair strike up a friendship. Drew helps Shay get back on her feet, and she reignites his sense of purpose—that, over time, turns into something deeper, something soulful, spiritual, and possibly romantic. Even Drew’s two children are taken with this woman who has brought light back into their lives. Perhaps most important, Shay learns to trust again as she, in turn, proves herself trustworthy to her adopted community.


 Currently Reading

The River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway,
 I just started reading this book it is fantasy and romance.  I love the time travel aspect and I'm looking forward to reading more.


 Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda
This is another psychological thriller. This book I am reviewing but I have been anxiously awaiting its recent release.

Kid Lit Exchange:

I am a reviewer for Kid Lit Exchange and I am currently reviewing The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser
Happy Reading!
Mrs. Shamhart


No comments:

Post a Comment