Sunday, September 10, 2017

Books, Fall Swaps, and a Reading Challenges

 Pumpkin Spice Latte

Hard to believe but it is already that time of season and I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. What? Really? Already!



Reading Challenge:

I promised to share here on the blog the reading challenge once I had it prepared. I will be passing this out to students this week. 


3 Months
14 Books
1 Challenge


September 15-December 15

 This reading challenge is  for students and adults alike...It is supposed to be fun but also challenging. For me it will definitely be a challenge. Leave me comments or posts if you will be joining in on the fun. I would love to know what you are reading. Kiddo's can earn a special reward for completing this challenge. All they have to do is turn in the titles of the books they read or had read to them at home to qualify.

 Students:

1. Read a book written by an author you have never read before.

2. Read a book you already have at home but haven't gotten around to yet.

3. Read a book about a dog as the main character. (ex:Clifford's Manners)

4. Read  a book about a career you are interested in (Ex: Firefighters Fight Fires)

5. Read a book with a color word in the title. (ex: Red Are The Apples)

6. Read a book with a number word in the title.  (ex: The Three Little Pigs)

7. Read a Dr. Seuss Book

8. Read a holiday book (any holiday)

9. Read a book about the tooth fairy

10. Re-read a book you enjoyed.

11.Read a book about the fall.

12. Read 3 books from three different genres (ex: Picture book, Mystery, Fairy tale)


Adult

1. Read a book written by an author you have never read before

2. Read a book you already have at home but haven't gotten around to yet:

3. Read a book written in the decade you were born

4. Read a book that takes place in the state/province you were born ( I was born in Illinois)

5. Read a book titled The ____'s Daughter or The ____'s Wife 


6. Read a book originally written in a language other than English

7. Read a book with a number in the title. It could be an actual digit or a number like "hundred" or "thousand." No arbitrary numbers allowed (several, few, many, ect.)

8. Read a book set during Christmas or another winter holiday

9. Read a book recommended from a friend. (I would be happy to recommend one to you)

10. Read a Pulitzer Prize winner or finalist for fiction. 

11. Re-Read a book

12. Read three books from three different genres (one book for each genre)
Mystery/ Romance/ YA  or any other genres





Swaps:

Many of you know that I am in many swaps through the reading circles I am in. I have met and acquired many friends through these circles. Friends that are teachers, librarians, bloggers, authors, parents and students. All with a love of books and reading.


I am in a six month swap called OTSP Secret Sister which is a swap by the wonderful ladies over at On The Same Page. This is my 5th session in this group and I have made friends all over the country with this group. It runs much like a secret santa type swap. We send a package to our secret sister once a month. Sometimes we find out who are pal is but I enjoy trying to figure out who it is over time with clues from our pal. We write letters and communicate each month as well. These relationships are quite a blessing.
My August swap package from my 
Secret Sister

Cozy up and Read swap


 is a swap is a swap I absolutely love, by a friend over at A Reader in Love. In this swap we pick a book we want to share and 2 books from our swap buddy's list. A Reader in Love has these books swap throughout the year. I try to get involved with each and every one. I have met some amazing people and created some lasting friendships through this swap. I will share my Cozy up and read package when it arrives.

I'm Currently Reading

I have a few books I am starting right now. 

I am reading Into The Water By Paula Hawkins

I am also listening to Any Dream Will Do By Debbie Macomber

Happy Reading,
Tula Shamhart




No comments:

Post a Comment