Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Swap Updates....

Swap Days
This weeks post was inspired by the many blogger friends I have acquired
 parents, teachers and librarians alike.
I am super lucky to be part of a swap called SLANT Box

through this swap I acquire other teachers and or school staff from across the nation and we get to know each other and communicate, share our blogs and social networking etc.

Which I have my package ready for shipping and need to mail it out this afternoon just waiting for an address, yikes! So, I can post...

Well I was lucky enough to be selected through my swap partners blog  www.mrshsresourceroom.blogspot.com (check out her amazing blog) to receive an app for our schools Ipads, whoop whoop! The best part is it is a reading app and goes along with the library perfectly. Kind of super stoked about this. The app is called Far Faria this app provides a story time experiences for children ages 2-9 with more than 600 + children’s stories to choose from, plus 5 new stories are added each week. The app opens up to a fairy tale world complete with different kingdoms to choose from (the kingdoms are all different genres of books)

 
Mt. Make Believe is one of the kingdoms that you can choose books from.  There is something for every child, from make believe to animals to fairy tales.
If you have the opportunity to try this app out you will be hooked.
After receiving the info on this app it made me think about all the apps that are out there and how hard it is to know which apps are most effective, fun, or recommended. This tends to be one of the things I most often see on blogs about technology, here lately. So, I went to my staff and asked for their recommendations and boy did I get some wonderful ideas... I will be sharing these wonderful apps with you at the end of the week.

My other swap through Chaotic Goddess Swaps was sooo much fun as well. It was such a great match up. First of all my coffee addiction shining through, was top priority. Also, being paired with another librarian, Kristen from The Book Monsters
 was awesome not to mention she is from the Chicagoland area which is where I was born and raised.
We really had a lot of connections and hope to stay connected for many years to come. Thanks again to Chaotic Goddess Swaps for another great match up.



I received her swap from her which was full of library swag as well as one of my favorite flavored coffees mocha swirl and an awesome library mug. Super excited to receive this swap and to get to know Kristen.

 Then I also received my amazing Ipsy bag this past week as well, kind of loved everything I got this month.
 Besides all of these wonderful swaps and things going on today happens to be my anniversary.
My husband and I have been married 26 years and I am grateful each and every day!

Happy Reading, 
Mrs. Shamhart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment