Monday, August 4, 2014

Going back to school .....Yikes!



 
I can't believe it is already time to head back to school. I will be going back a few weeks before students arrive.  I am earnestly trying to finish last minute projects. I'm scrambling to complete these projects, finishing up my writing class and my latest camping trip.  I realized I needed to create a set of goals for the new school year.

 I am super excited to meet the many new faces that will be joining us at Kennedy this school year. With our new students that will be starting at Kennedy, as well as the new staff members. I think we are in store for a wonderful school year.

I will post some pictures of the library as I finish some of the projects and after I set up the room. I went in the other day to find I have a lot more work to do than I thought I did. I am anxious to dig in.


I finished another swap and Sheila from Book Journey  was my swap partner. She is from Minnesota and she has a wonderful blog. Book Journey . I have been enjoying her blog most of the summer. She has some awesome reviews on books and I have gotten to know her through her blog. I encourage you to check out her blog. A big Thank You to Sheila for being an awesome swap partner and for the wonderful book. This swap was created by The Book Monsters and I had such fun participating in it. Thanks to Kristen and Kate for taking the time to put it together. 


I am also excited to share with all of you the fun I have had with being involved in several reading programs. My grandson and I have been reading so many books its hard to keep track. We signed up for the Junie B. Jones summer reading program. They sent him the first book and a bookmark. He was so excited to get it in the mail. Then the reading program/party at Salina Public Library here are a few pictures of these events. Kind of loving that I was a part of it with him.

These are my grandsons in the photo's below Carter is the bigger one and Oliver "Ollie" is the little one. We were having a great time at the library.

I have stayed super busy and I have read every day this summer. I have loved it. Now that
I am heading back to school I have a lot of summer beach reads left to read. I have to find time to 
get them read. Let me know in the comments, what you are reading? I would love to know.

Here is my TBR pile...(To Be Read).

I hope all of you are enjoying your last few weeks before school starts back.
I can't wait to see all of your faces and meet some new friends as well.

 





Happy Reading,
Mrs. Shamhart

No comments:

Post a Comment